Atlanta Amazon Prime Truck Accident Lawyers
Helping Accident Victims Fight for Fair Compensation
With billions of deliveries each year, Amazon delivery trucks are common sights on our highways and roads. As a result, car accidents involving Amazon Prime trucks and other Amazon delivery vehicles are becoming increasingly common. Unfortunately for victims, these accidents can not only result in serious bodily injury and financial loss but may also prove extremely challenging to resolve.
If you have been injured in an accident with an Amazon Prime truck, you need a lawyer with experience handling these types of cases. While nearly all truck accident claims are complex, these cases are unique due to the various issues surrounding liability.
At Fischer Redavid PLLC, we have handled numerous accident cases involving Amazon Prime and other Amazon delivery vehicles. Our Atlanta Amazon Prime truck accident attorneys understand the laws involved, as well as how they apply to your case. We can help you understand your legal rights and determine whether you have a case during a free, no-obligation consultation.
Call (954) 800-2155 or contact us online today to learn more.
Common Causes of Amazon Prime Truck Accidents
Just like any other driver, Amazon Prime truck drivers can easily become distracted, make mistakes, or act aggressively behind the wheel. They may be pressured to meet strict deadlines and unrealistic quotas, or they may receive minimal training. Certain Amazon delivery drivers, such as Amazon Flex drivers, are not required to undergo any specialized training before delivery packages and are considered independent contractors, rather than Amazon employees.
Some of the most common causes of Amazon Prime truck accidents include:
- Distracted Driving: Amazon Prime delivery drivers are often distracted looking for addresses, checking their cellphones, and engaging in other distracted driving behaviors, such as eating or drinking, texting, or simply not paying attention to the road.
- Speeding: Amazon Prime truck drivers may drive too quickly or speed in order to complete deliveries on time. Pressure from Amazon to meet certain quotas could constitute third-party liability in these types of cases.
- Sudden Stops: Amazon Prime truck drivers often stop quickly and without warning. They may illegally park or stop temporarily in roadways in order to get out and deliver packages, putting other motorists at risk.
- Traffic Violations: Like any other driver, Amazon Prime delivery drivers may violate traffic laws, thereby causing serious accidents. Examples include running red lights, failing to yield the right of way, or making illegal U-turns.
- Inadequate Training: The level of training received by Amazon delivery drivers depends on the type of driver they are. Amazon Flex drivers do not receive any specialized training, while large delivery truck drivers should receive a fair amount.
- Drunk/Drugged Driving: Though rare, some Amazon Prime truck drivers choose to get behind the wheel after consuming alcohol or taking legal or illicit drugs that impair their ability to safely operate a motor vehicle.
- Hours-of-Service Violations: Amazon Prime truck drivers are held to certain federal and state hours-of-service regulations. When drivers violate these laws, they run the risk of driving drowsy, which has been shown to be as dangerous as driving while intoxicated.
- Improperly Loaded Trucks: Large Amazon Prime trucks carry tons of weight. This cargo cannot exceed certain weight limitations, and it must be properly loaded to avoid shifting during transit. Failure to follow these rules can result in serious accidents.
- Vehicle Defects: Vehicle defects—such as faulty mechanical parts, defective tires, or missing reflective strips—increase the likelihood of a crash. When a vehicle defect causes or contributes to an accident, the manufacturer of the vehicle or vehicle part could be liable.
At Fischer Redavid PLLC, we conduct independent investigations and work with accident reconstructionist and other experts to obtain critical evidence of how your accident occurred. We utilize this evidence to determine liability and develop powerful legal strategies aimed at maximizing your recovery.
Who Is Liable for an Amazon Prime Truck Accident?
The issue of liability is one of the trickiest elements of your Amazon Prime truck accident claim. This is because Amazon does not actually employ any of its drivers; instead, it hires independent contractors to deliver packages. This essentially shields Amazon from liability in the event that an Amazon delivery driver causes an accident.
However, there are certain instances in which Amazon—or another third-party other than the driver, such as the manufacturer of a truck or the company that employs the driver (if applicable)—may be legally responsible for accident-related damages. It is very important that you work with a knowledgeable Amazon Prime truck accident attorney in Atlanta who can help you navigate the legal process and seek the fair compensation you deserve.
Types of Damages in Your Amazon Prime Delivery Truck Accident Case
While the exact types of damages you can seek after an accident with an Amazon Prime delivery vehicle will depend on the specific details of your case, there are certain types of economic and noneconomic losses many plaintiffs are entitled to recover.
- Medical expenses
- Lost income/wages
- Financial losses
- Pain and suffering
- Lost earning ability
- Future losses
At Fischer Redavid PLLC, we strive to maximize our clients’ recoveries. We understand the immense impact large truck accidents have, both on victims and their loved ones. Our attorneys work tirelessly to build powerful, persuasive cases and seek fair settlements that truly compensate our clients for the losses they have endured. Whenever necessary, we are prepared to represent you at trial.
Schedule a Free Consultation with Our Amazon Prime Truck Accident Lawyers
Amazon Prime truck accident cases are extremely complex. The sooner you reach out to our firm and discuss the specifics of your case, the sooner we can begin gathering evidence and developing legal strategies aimed at maximizing your recovery.
We encourage you to contact our Atlanta Amazon Prime truck accident attorneys today for a free case review. We assist clients in English, Spanish, and Creole, and we do not collect any legal fees unless we win your case.
Call our office at (954) 800-2155 or reach us online using our free and secure contact form.