Product Liability Lawyers
Filing a Defective Product Claim
Defective products, or those that pose an unreasonable risk of injury or harm when used correctly and as intended, should never be allowed onto the consumer market. Sadly, however, defective products cause millions of injuries and thousands of deaths each year in the United States.
If you or someone you love was harmed by a defective product, you could be entitled to compensation for the resulting medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages. At Fischer Redavid PLLC, we represent clients in Florida, Georgia, and the U.S. Virgin Islands in all types of product liability claims. We have successfully gone up against some of the globe’s largest manufacturers and distributors—and we have won millions of dollars in compensation for our clients.
If you would like to learn how our product liability lawyers can help you with your defective product case, do not hesitate to reach out to our firm today and request a free consultation. We can assist you in English, Spanish, or Creole, and we do not collect any legal fees unless we recover compensation for you.
Call our office at (954) 800-2155 or contact us online to schedule a complimentary case review with a member of our team.
What Makes a Product “Defective?”
A product is typically considered “defective” if it contains some flaw that renders it unreasonably unsafe for normal, typical use. Note that defective products are different from dangerous products. While a dangerous product could pose a risk of injury to the user, it is not necessarily defective unless it has a flaw, such as a broken safety latch or missing warning label, that puts the user at an unreasonable risk.
Some examples of product defects include:
- Automobile tires that shred, separate, or “blow out” while the vehicle is in motion
- A pharmaceutical medication used to treat morning sickness in pregnant women, despite having a known risk of increasing the chance of birth defects
- A medical device that breaks apart in the body, causing infection, injury, and/or death
- A children’s toy without a choking hazard warning, despite containing small, removable parts
- Electronic devices that explode or spark, leading to fires, burns, and other injuries
- Sport utility vehicles (SUVs) with top-heavy designs, causing them to roll over easily when involved in accidents
These are just some examples of the many ways in which products can be defective. If you believe you were injured by any type of defective product, reach out to our team at Fischer Redavid PLLC to speak to one of our product liability lawyers today.
Types of Product Defects
Although all types of products can contain a myriad of defects, these defects are generally classified into three main categories.
The three main types of product defects are:
- Design defects, or flaws in the initial design of the product that render it unreasonably unsafe for normal, typical use
- Manufacturing defects, or flaws introduced during the production phase that make an otherwise safe product unreasonably unsafe
- Labeling or marketing defects, or missing warnings, instructions, and other labels needed for the safe use of the product
Our attorneys work to determine the type of defect a product had, as this allows them to identify the liable party. For example, if a product contained a design defect, the designer or engineer could be liable for any accidents, injuries, or deaths resulting from that defect; if the product had a manufacturing defect, the manufacturer could be the one legally responsible for paying damages.
If you would like to schedule a free initial consultation, please call (954) 800-2155 or reach us online using our secure contact form.
What Types of Damages Are Available in Product Liability Cases?
Many factors influence the exact types of damages you can receive in your product liability case, just as they also affect the overall value of your claim.
However, many people injured by defective products are able to seek compensation for the following types of damages:
- Medical expenses, including past medical bills, rehabilitation, emergency treatments, and future projected care costs
- Lost income, wages, and employment benefits, including loss of future earnings due to reduced earning ability caused by permanent injury, impairment, or disfigurement
- Pain and suffering, including both physical and mental pain and suffering, as well as emotional distress and anguish
- Miscellaneous out-of-pocket expenses associated with the injury, such as in-home assistance/care costs, transportation costs, etc.
At Fischer Redavid PLLC, we help our clients seek maximum compensation for their injury-related losses. We understand how difficult it is to heal from a serious injury, which is why we fight to help our clients successfully navigate the legal system and come out the other side.
How Our Product Liability Lawyers Can Help
Going up against a large manufacturer or distributor is no easy task. You need an experienced legal team by your side that can handle the various aspects of your case, from communicating with opposing counsel and negotiating a fair settlement to preparing your case for litigation and, if necessary, trial.
At Fischer Redavid PLLC, we serve as trusted guides and advocates for the injured. We have multiple office locations and proudly represent clients throughout Florida, Georgia, and the U.S. Virgin Islands, protecting their rights and fighting for the best possible outcomes in their cases. Our attorneys offer a highly personalized, one-on-one approach. As a client, you will receive direct access to your attorney and dedicated legal team throughout the entire process.