Atlanta Lyft Accident Lawyer
Ridesharing has become a popular way to get around over the last few years. Services like Uber and Lyft have made it easy for people to get from point A to point B with just the touch of a button on their phone.
While these services are incredibly convenient, they can have hidden dangers. For example, thousands of people are injured in Uber and Lyft accidents every year. If you have been injured in a Lyft accident, it is important to seek legal help right away. In this article, we will explain how Lyft accidents usually play out and what you can do to get compensation following an accident.
What to Do Following a Lyft Accident
If you are involved in a Lyft accident, the first thing you should do is seek medical attention. Even if you don’t think you are injured, it is important to get checked out by a doctor. Some injuries, such as whiplash, can take days or even weeks to manifest after the auto accident.
After you have seen a doctor, you should reach out to an experienced Lyft accident lawyer. A lawyer will be able to help you navigate the legal process and ensure that you are fairly compensated for your injuries.
It is important to file a report with the police following any car accident. The report will document the accident and can be used as evidence if you decide to file a personal injury claim.
If there are any witnesses to the accident, be sure to get their contact information. Witnesses can provide valuable testimony if your case goes to trial.
If you are able to, take pictures of the accident scene. The photos can be used as evidence to prove your case.
What Makes Your Case Strong
There are a few things that will make your case stronger and increase the chances of getting compensation.
If the Lyft driver was clearly at fault for the accident, you will have a better chance of winning your case. Similarly, the more serious your injuries, the more likely you are to get compensation. And as we mentioned before, evidence like police reports and witness testimony can be very helpful in winning your case.
What to Expect from the Legal Process
The legal process following a Lyft accident can be long and complicated. The expected stages of a lawsuit can include the following:
- The Initial Consultation: The first step in any legal case is to meet with an attorney and discuss your case. This consultation will help the lawyer determine if you have a valid case and what course of action should be taken.
- Investigation: Once the lawyer has decided to take your case, they will begin investigating. This will involve gathering evidence and talking to witnesses.
- Filing a Lawsuit: If the lawyer determines that you have a strong case, they will file a lawsuit on your behalf.
- Trial: If your case does not settle, it will go to trial. At trial, a jury will hear evidence and decide whether or not you are entitled to compensation.
- Settlement: Many cases settle out of court, meaning the parties involved reached a mutual agreement without going to trial.
Contact a Lyft Accident Lawyer
If you have been injured in a Lyft accident, it is important to seek legal help right away. An experienced Lyft accident lawyer can help you get the compensation you deserve. At Fischer Redavid PLLC, our knowledgeable and experienced attorneys are ready to help you with your case.
Contact us today at (404) 800-6609 for a free consultation, or reach out by completing an online contact form.