Hollywood Bicycle Accident Lawyer
Bicyclists are some of Florida’s most vulnerable road users. It is up to drivers to protect Hollywood’s bicyclists from injury or accident through safe, prudent driving. Unfortunately, many drivers don’t take this responsibility to heart. In 2016, 6,668 bicyclists in Florida were in collisions, resulting in 6,234 bicyclist injuries and 140 deaths. If you or a loved one have been seriously injured, the Hollywood bike accident lawyers at Fischer Redavid PLLC can help.
Call (954) 800-2155 to schedule a free consultation with one of our bike accident attorneys today.
Bike Accidents in Florida
With thousands of bicycle accidents occurring each year in Florida alone, it’s important to be aware of the most common causes of collisions. Knowing what causes them can give you an advantage on the road. While many different factors and elements could culminate in a bicycle accident, some causes are more common than others.
Three of them are as follows:
- Negligent drivers. Almost all drivers have been guilty of some form of negligence at one point or another. It only takes one moment of inattention, however, for a bike accident to occur. Negligent drivers are those who ignore roadway rules, drive distracted, and otherwise breach their duties as drivers.
- Reckless drivers. Recklessness is a step above negligence in terms of driver fault. A reckless driver may know what he or she is doing is dangerous, yet do so anyway. Examples of reckless driving include drunk driving, texting and driving, and speeding. Reckless driver bicycle accident claims could result in punitive damages for victims.
- Unsafe roadways. Sometimes a bicycle accident isn’t a driver’s fault at all, but due to a poorly designed or defective roadway. Potholes, lack of bicycle lanes, dangerously designed intersections, and malfunctioning traffic lights are all examples of hazards that can cause accidents. The city of Hollywood might be liable for such accidents.
Our Hollywood bike accident lawyers can investigate your circumstances and help determine who might be at fault. The liable party could be another driver, a bicycle part manufacturer, a property owner, and/or the city in charge of roadway maintenance. A thorough investigation can uncover the cause of your crash as well as the at-fault party or parties. Our injury attorneys can help you take the next step – filing a claim against the at-fault party in pursuit of financial recovery.
When to Call a Lawyer After a Bicycle Accident
Florida is a no-fault insurance state. This means that all parties involved in a vehicle-bicycle collision must seek retribution from their own auto insurers regardless of fault for the crash. A bicyclist can, however, seek additional recovery outside of the no-fault system if his or her injuries are “serious.”
A personal injury claim will result in greater compensation than an insurance claim alone, in most cases. Injuries are “serious” in the eyes of Florida law if they cause:
- Broken bones
- Permanent scarring or disfigurement
- Permanent impairment of a body organ, limb, function, or system
- Substantial full disability for at least 90 days
If your case fulfills the requirements for a personal injury lawsuit in Florida, our attorneys can help you fight for maximum recovery. Even if your bicycle accident claim involves a hit and run, we can help you seek compensation through all available outlets. Trust us with your claim and experience the Fischer Redavid PLLC difference.
Why Choose Us?
Out of all the personal injury firms in Hollywood, ours is the one you should choose. Why? Because we offer unmatched dedication to clients, a long track record of incredible results, zero up-front costs, no legal fees unless we win, and personal attention from lead Hollywood accident attorneys on each and every case. Start your legal journey with a complimentary case evaluation at our local law office.
Contact us today to schedule your free bicycle accident consultation.