Gainesville Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Consistent warm weather and plenty of sunshine bring thousands of motorcyclists to Florida every year. If other drivers aren’t careful, however, motorcycle rides could end with serious injuries. Other drivers often overlook motorcycles on the road, resulting in a high risk of accidents. In 2016, 10,331 motorcycle accidents, 8,256 injuries, and 515 deaths occurred in Florida. Contact Fischer Redavid PLLC if you or a loved one has suffered injuries in a motorcycle wreck in Gainesville. You might have grounds for a personal injury claim.
When Can You File Outside of the Insurance System?
Florida is one of just 12 states with no-fault auto insurance laws. These laws state that all vehicle operators must seek coverage through their own insurance companies, regardless of who caused the accident. An insurance claim with your own company, however, might not be enough to cover all of your damages – especially if you suffered serious injuries. The law permits accident victims to file claims against the at-fault driver outside of the no-fault system if injuries fulfill one of the following requirements:
- Permanent scarring or disfigurement
- Significant impairment of a bodily function
- Another type of permanent injury
- Wrongful death
Motorcycle accidents can easily result in serious injuries such as those listed above. Motorcycles expose riders’ bodies to the roadway and other objects in a collision. They can suffer broken bones, head or brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, internal organ damage, severe lacerations, and traumatic tattooing from road rash. If you suffered a serious injury, contact our firm. You might be able to bring a claim outside of the no-fault system for greater compensation.
Who Caused Your Motorcycle Accident?
One of the first steps in receiving compensation for an accident is identifying its proximate cause. If another person or a company caused the accident, victims may be able to name the entity as a defendant in a personal injury claim. Many crash cases involve the negligence or recklessness of more than one party. You might need a Gainesville motorcycle accident Gainesville motorcycle accident lawyer’s help in identifying who caused your crash. It could be a few different parties, including:
- A motor vehicle driver: Did another driver crash into you while not paying attention to the road? Pursue compensation from him or her through a personal injury claim. Distracted driving, drowsy or drunk driving, and speeding are common driver-related causes of motorcycle accidents.
- The city of Gainesville: The city could be liable if a defect or hazard of the roadway contributed to your crash. Examples include potholes, downed power lines, fallen trees, nails and glass, debris, construction zones, loose gravel, and poorly designed roads and crosswalks. A property owner might be liable if it was a privately-owned road.
- An auto part manufacturer: If your motorcycle malfunctioned and crashed because of a defective or dangerous part, such as a tire that went bald and blew too quickly, you might have a claim against the item’s manufacturer. You generally do not have to prove negligence in products liability claims.
Find out who caused your Gainesville motorcycle accident with help from our attorneys. We can hire investigators to revisit the scene of the accident, gather documents, talk to eyewitnesses, collect any video evidence, and recreate the wreck if necessary. Our connections within the legal industry in Florida give you the resources you need for a strong case against an at-fault party.
Call A Gainesville Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Today
The lawyers at Fischer Redavid PLLC truly care what happens to motorcyclists in Gainesville. We want to help you stand up for your rights in front of insurance companies and judges – two parties that often hold unfair biases against motorcyclists in accident claims.
Strengthen your odds of receiving compensation with help from Fischer Redavid PLLC. Call today or send us your message online. We offer free initial legal consultation.