Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
Protecting the Rights of Injured Bikers
Avid motorcyclists know the risks of riding and take the necessary precautions to avoid becoming involved in a collision. Unfortunately, even the safest and most defensive driver cannot stop others on the road from driving carelessly, recklessly, or aggressively.
If you were involved in a motorcycle accident, and you believe another motorist was to blame, reach out to Fischer Redavid PLLC right away. With offices in Florida, Georgia, and the U.S. Virgin Islands, we represent injured bikers who have suffered significant physical, financial, and emotional challenges as a result of someone else’s negligent or wrongful conduct. We believe in standing up for motorcyclists’ rights, and we know how to fight back against common misconceptions and prejudices against bikers as we help them navigate the legal system.
Injured Motorcyclists Face Unique Challenges in the Legal Process
Regardless of where the accident occurred or the severity of your injuries, you are likely to face certain unique challenges after a motorcycle crash. Not only are you likely dealing with serious injuries and high medical bills, but you are also likely facing extensive time off work—and lost income, as a result—because of your injuries. This means that your claim could be potentially high in value, which means the insurance company is likely to fight back.
In many cases, insurance companies pressure injured bikers to quickly settle their claims. While it may seem like the easiest option, accepting the insurance company’s first offer almost always ends up hurting you more than helping you. This is because insurance companies will offer lowball settlements, but once you have agreed to the settlement, there’s little if anything you can do to fight for more.
Additionally, motorcyclists start at a disadvantage when it comes to proving that they were not at fault for the accident. Due to widespread misconceptions regarding bikers as aggressive, reckless, and risky drivers, it can be difficult to prove that another party—and not you—were to blame for the crash. And, because most no-fault insurance systems, including Florida’s, do not cover motorcycle accidents, proving fault and liability is crucial to the outcome of your case.
Why You Should Hire a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
An experienced motorcycle accident attorney can help you fight back against the many unique challenges you face in recovering compensation for your accident-related damages.
At Fischer Redavid PLLC, we help injured bikers by:
- Meeting with them at no cost to explain their legal rights and options
- Conducting thorough, independent investigations into their accidents
- Working with accident reconstructionists and other experts to obtain important evidence
- Developing innovative legal strategies and building powerful cases
- Communicating with insurance adjusters and negotiating for fair settlements
- Preparing cases for litigation and, if necessary, trial
- Representing our clients’ rights in and out of the courtroom
We aim to be your trusted guide throughout the legal process, answering your questions and helping you manage the unexpected challenges you face. Our attorneys want to help you seek the justice you deserve, and we have a long track record of success in helping others in situations similar to yours. To date, we have recovered millions of dollars in compensation for our clients; learn how we can help you get back on your feet today.
What Is the Leading Cause of Motorcycle Accidents?
Like regular car accidents, motorcycle accidents result from numerous factors, from general carelessness to reckless driving and road rage. Generally speaking, the most common cause of motorcycle accidents is negligence—both on the part of the motorcyclist but, more commonly, on the part of the other motorist or parties involved.
This negligence takes many forms, including but not limited to:
- Speeding, including driving too fast for current road or weather conditions
- Driving under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs
- Making unsafe or illegal driving maneuvers, such as turns or lane changes
- Disobeying traffic control devices, such as red lights, stop signs, and yield signs
- Distracted driving, including texting or cellphone use while driving
- Failing to yield the right of way to other motorists/traffic
- Sudden stops, turns, lane changes, and other unsafe driving behaviors
- Aggressive and/or reckless driving, including excessive speeds and road rage
- Following too closely, or “tailgating”
- Fatigued or drowsy driving
Motorcyclists are also at a greater risk of crashing than other motorists in passenger vehicles when road conditions are poor or hazardous. For example, potholes and debris on a poorly maintained roadway pose a serious risk to motorcyclists, as do blind curves, missing signage, and other elements of a defective roadway.
Motorcycle defects are another, slightly less-common cause of motorcycle accidents. Sometimes, the injured biker does not realize that a defect has contributed to or caused a crash, or that defective safety equipment has caused worse injuries than they would have otherwise sustained. For this reason, it is important to work with a knowledgeable motorcycle accident attorney, like those at Fischer Redavid PLLC, who can carefully investigate the crash and pursue all possible sources of compensation.
Because they have relatively little protection compared to the occupants of passenger vehicles, motorcyclists often sustain severe or even catastrophic injuries when they are involved in accidents. Such injuries can lead to massive medical bills, weeks or months off work to recover, and even a lifetime of disfigurement or impairment. As a result, motorcycle accident claims tend to be high in value.
Depending on the specifics of your case, you could be entitled to compensation for the following motorcycle accident-related damages:
- Emergency medical care
- Ambulance fees
- Rehabilitation/physical therapy
- Surgery and other treatments
- Follow-up appointments
- Ongoing and future medical expenses
- Lost income/wages
- Loss of earning capacity
- Loss of future earnings
- Physical and mental pain and suffering
- In-home assistance/care
- Transportation costs to and from medical appointments
- Miscellaneous out-of-pocket expenses
At Fischer Redavid PLLC, we help our clients seek maximum compensation for their damages. Our attorneys work with accident reconstruction specialists and other professionals who provide expert testimony on behalf of our clients. We are aggressive when it comes to negotiating settlements and are always prepared to take cases to trial when necessary.